VMware, Inc. is an American company that provides cloud and virtualization software and services, and claims to be the first to successfully virtualize the x86 architecture commercially. Founded in 1998, VMware is based in Palo Alto, California.
What is virtualization?
Virtualization is a proven software technology that makes it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server at the same time. Itâ€™s transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people utilize technology.What do you understand by Virtual Machine?
A virtual computer systems is known as â€œvirtual machineâ€ (VM): Â a tightly isolated software container with an operating system and application inside.
Each self-contained VM is completely independent. Putting multiple VMs on a single computer enables several operating systems and applications to run on just one physical server, or â€œhostâ€.What are the key properties of a Virtual Machine?
- Run multiple operating systems on one physical machine
- Divide system resources between virtual machines
- Provide fault and security isolation at the hardware level
- Preserve performance with advanced resource controls
- Save the entire state of a virtual machine to files
- Move and copy virtual machines as easily as moving and copying files
- Provision or migrate any virtual machine to any physical server
- Ensure business continuity and always available IT
- Reduce IT hardware and operating costs
- Improve application quality
- Enhanced security and data protection
- VMware Workstation virtual machine capability, performance and physical isolation is very good!
- VMware Workstation features a very comprehensive, computer professionals tend to use!
- VMware Workstation is simple interface for users of various fields of computer!
- VMware Workstation bulky, longer installation time-consuming!
- VMware Workstation occupy a larger physical machine resources when using!
Explain what is vSphere?
vSphere is a product name which includes vCenter server, ESXi hypervisor and many other. ESXi is a hypervisor type included in vSphere package.
What is difference between vSphere, ESXi and vCenter?
Explain the steps how you will clone VM without vCenter?
What are the differences between VMware vSphere 5.0, vSphere 5.1 VMware vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 6.0?
What do you understand by VMware vSphere Web Client?
It is a Web interface that enables users to connect remotely to vCenter Server from a variety of Web browsers and operating systems.