/etc/cups/printers.conf – configuration file for individual printers
The printers.conf file defines the local printers that are available. It is normally located in the/etc/cups directory and is generated automatically by the cupsd program when printers are added or deleted.
- Specifies whether or not the printer is accepting new jobs.
- Specifies human-readable text describing the printer.
- Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer.
- Specifies the device URI for a printer.
- <Printer name> … </Printer>
- Defines a specific printer.
- Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped)
- Specifies the message associated with the state.