Synergy brings your computers together in one cohesive experience; its free and open source cross-platform software for sharing one mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux allowing you to seamlessly move your mouse cursor between computers. Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware over the network. It’s intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own display.
Synergy Key features
- Seamlessly move your mouse to any computer and start typing.
- Works on all major operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux).
- Share your clipboard (copy and paste) between your computers.
- Drag and drop files from one computer to another (Premium).
- Encryption keeps sensitive data safe on public networks.
- Network-based (IP) software KVM switch (non-video).
Synergy 1.5.1 Updates
- Configuration file paths containing spaces don’t work
- Log path needs to be in quotes on windows
- Installer fails when Windows Firewall is disabled
Install Synergy 1.5.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 14.10
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install synergy